COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE RECOVERY ENTERPRISE (CARE) provides intensive mental health services designed to partner with individuals with severe psychiatric disorders. Most of the individuals we serve are currently involved or at risk for involvement in the criminal justice system, encounter frequent psychiatric hospitalizations and are chronically homeless.
CARE is very focused on evidence-based practices in conjunction with community-based practices. Some practices that are utilized in the CARE program include: Assertive Community Treatment (ACT), Harm Reduction, Motivational Interviewing and Strength-Based Solutions Focus. Others include: a Housing First Model, Client-Centered Approaches and doing whatever it takes to assist the member in meeting their needs to improve their quality of life standards.
All referrals are generated through Merced County Department of Behavioral Health and Recovery Services (BHRS). Please contact the CARE office at (209) 723-6559 or the BHRS phone line at (209) 381-6800 for more information on referrals.
This program is funded by the Merced County Department of Behavioral Health & Recovery Services, and through the voter approved Proposition 63, Mental Health Services Act (MHSA).
"Witnessing change and transformation in peoples' lives that at one point seemed doubtful, hopeless and virtually impossible is what keeps me going."Vong Chang, Program Director
- Outreach services, service coordinators, psychiatrist and nurse assistance
- Medication services, housing assistance
- Intensive interventions, court liaisons, multi-agency partnership
- In the 2017-18 Fiscal Year, 104 individuals received services.
- 76.9% individuals accrued zero psychiatric hospitalizations.
- 87.2% individuals accrued zero incarcerations.
- 78.2% individuals accrued zero homeless days.
- 73.1% of individuals accrued zero emergency interventions.
- 80.8% of individuals were completely satisfied.
Phone: (209) 723-6559
Fax: (209) 723-7432
Address: 3333 M Street, Merced, CA 95340