ABIDING HOPE is a 7 to 14 day respite facility for individuals 18 years of age and older with psychiatric disability. We provide a short-term alternative to an emergency department visit, or acute hospitalization for persons experiencing overwhelming stress, which can be alleviated with a brief respite stay. Abiding Hope Respite House is a coed facility that houses a maximum of five clients each day.
To utilize respite services an individual must:
- have a TB clearance
- have 2 weeks of sobriety
- be able to manage their own medication
- not be currently at risk for self harm
- not have a physical disability that affects their mobility
Referrals may come from emergency rooms, law enforcement, outpatient case managers and shelters.
To self-refer, individuals may call (916) 287-4860 to participate in a phone screening to determine if they are eligible for services. We welcome your referrals even when we are at full capacity.
This program is funded by the Sacramento County Division of Behavioral Health Services through the voter-approved Proposition 63, Mental Health Services Act (MHSA)
"When I first came here I had a lot of stressors in life. Everyone here has helped me in my recover with patience and understanding. I just want to thank everyone for their help towards my individual needs. A success story starts and ends with myself, but the tapered help I received made this journey more pleasant. Thank you so much for everything Abiding Hope!"Abiding Hope client
- Resource linkage, including regular check-ins to discuss goals and distribute appropriate materials
- Care management to coordinate care and reduce emergency room visits
- Onsite life skills groups to promote positive socialization and healthy coping skills
- Transportation to appointments, meetings and other resources
Phone: (916) 287-4860
Fax: (916) 504-4325
Address: 9916 Zion Way, Sacramento, CA 95827