TRANSITIONAL SUPPORT SERVICES (TSS CHICO) provides community support services to dually diagnosed adults living with psychiatric disorders and intellectual disabilities. All services support the successful integration into their communities. Participants gain a sense of purpose, independence, and the knowledge that neither their developmental nor psychiatric disorder should limit their ability to lead meaningful lives.
Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, and Milestones of Recovery Scale are some of the approaches used to help clients achieve their goals, and to monitor their progress as their risks are reduced.
Must be referred by Far Northern Regional Services: (530) 895-8633 or 1377 E. Lassen Ave., Chico, Ca 95973.
This program is funded by the Far Northern Regional Center, which is operated through annual contract with the California Department of Development Services
- Community support, counseling/therapy, skills-building groups, drop-in center, interactional activities, and client meetings
- Psychiatric/nursing staff availability, medication outreach, Personal Service Coordinator, assessments for safety and well-being
- 24/7 warm line operated by trained mental health staff
- Vocational/educational linkage, life skills training and assistance with accessing community resources in partnership with Far Northern Regional Center
- 56 individuals served
- 96.4% of individuals accrued zero psychiatric hospital days
- 98.2% of individuals accrued zero incarcerations
- 82.1% of individuals accrued zero homeless days
- 75.0% of individuals accrued zero emergency interventions
- Overall consumer satisfaction rate of 89.0%.
Phone: (530) 330-8017
Fax: (530) 330-8018
Address: 377 Connors Court, Suite A, Chico, CA 95926