COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES & REHABILITATION TRANSPORT (CART) providing consumers and their family members with greater transit access to community events and activities within Stanislaus County, such as: committee meetings, peer-support groups, and or employment/training while navigating the CART system to schedule these needs. Also, CART provides unique transportation support identified as Managed Care Rides. This is provided to clients that may be adults and children coming from hospitals or other institutions throughout California to locations identified in continuing care in Stanislaus County. CART is not a replacement for public transportation.
To be eligible, you must live in Stanislaus County. In outlying areas there may be specific pick up and drop off points. Any consumer or family member, 18 or over, connected to BHRS and living within Stanislaus County can ride as long as seats are available and you have made a reservation.
This program is funded by the Stanislaus County Department of Behavioral Health & Recovery Services, and through the voter approved Proposition 63, Mental Health Services Act (MHSA).
- Transportation to community events and activities
- Building consumer confidence in community engagement
- Sensitivity, empathy and a listening ear to help with individuals’ fears and barriers
- Coordination with hospitals, institutions, BHRS programs, and other agencies
Phone: (209) 238-9436
Reservations are required in order to assure that the service schedule runs smoothly. The CART reservation line is a message-only line. A 48-hour notice is preferred. Leave a message providing the following information:
- Name and call-back number
- Proposed date and time of transport
- Where you need to be picked up
- Requested destination