Therapeutic Behavioral Services (TBS) is an intensive, one-to-one, short-term outpatient mental health treatment designed for youth with Medi-Cal (up to age 21) with serious emotional problems, who are engaging in specific behaviors that endanger their safety, or place them at risk for moving to a higher level of care in a group home or locked facility.
TBS services attempt to meet the specific cultural and/or linguistic needs of the youth and family being served. Currently TBS services are available in Spanish. TBS clients must already be linked to a Sacramento County mental health provider. Clients must be eligible for Medi-Cal.
For referrals, please call the Sacramento County Access Team at (916) 875-1055 or toll-free at (888) 881-4881.
"By the time families get to our service, they have already done so much and are very frustrated. What we try to do is create a plan for the family that they can implement successfully and allows them to see quick improvement and create lasting change."Anonymous
- Functional behavioral analyses, plan development, and direct interventions with the child and parents/caregivers around the specific targeted behaviors that are placing the youth at risk.
- The developed plans and interventions may be implemented in the home, school, or other environment where the behaviors occur.
- The behavioral plans are individualized to meet the unique needs of the child and his/her environment.
- 115 Individuals served
- Overall youth satisfaction rate of 91.9%
- Overall caregiver satisfaction rate of 93.4%
- 87.2% of consumers felt they knew what do when they become upset/overwhelmed (26.6% increase between admission and discharge).
- 89.2% of caregivers felt they knew how to respond to behaviors if they occur (23.2% increase between admission and discharge).
Phone: (916) 427-7141
Address: 7275 E. Southgate Drive
Sacramento, CA 95823