The RISE Out-Client COD Program is a 6-month educational program, followed by 6 months of after care. The RISE Program is an individualized, strength-based, client-centered approach to COD treatment that consists of education, interactive dynamics, utilizing harm reduction and holistic approaches and celebrates personal achievement. The program is offered in a non-judgmental, safe, respectful and healing environment. RISE recognizes that co-occurring disorders affect the entire person – physically, emotionally, psychologically and holistically.
The Purpose of the RISE Out-Client Program is to
- Experience the changes that lead to transformation and lasting recovery
- Improve quality of life
- Improve self-esteem
- Personal empowerment
- Improve relationships with family, friends and community
- Recognize that mental health and substance abuse disorder treatment results in greater success when both are addressed simultaneously
The Mission of Turning Point’s RISE Out-Client Program is to educate clients, de-stigmatize and support clients in their integration to the community.
Individuals who are 18 years old and over and receiving services through Turning Point Community Programs, Inc. and Nevada County Behavioral Health.
RISE program addresses issues that are specific to mental health and substance use disorders, which can be obstacles to long term recovery.
RISE participants can expect to participate in structured groups and receive individual counseling.
The following are some of the topics included in the RISE curriculum:
- Mental Disorders & Addiction
- The Brain & How it Works
- Relapse prevention
- Cognitive distortions
- Family & relationships
- Grief & Loss
- Goal setting
- Coping skills
- Physical & Emotional self-care
- Recovery process
- Ongoing recovery maintenance
- Busting Stigma
On completion of the program, participants receive a certificate of completion.
- 2 groups per week, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:30am-12:00pm
Phone: (530) 274-5440, x3224, or (530) 273-0631
Address: 500 Crown Point Circle, Suite 100, Grass Valley, CA 95945