GARDEN OF EAT’N (GOE) is a food service that provides education and structured training that includes weekly meal sales and catering jobs in the community. The program provides initial kitchen training, while addressing barriers, fears, and expectations about employment. The training provides individuals with the necessary life skills to make them successful as employees. The program was created with Stanislaus County Employment Services and the Department of Rehabilitation to provide commercial kitchen training to mental health consumers.
For information on eligibility and referrals, call (209) 544-1913.
This program is funded by the Stanislaus County Department of Behavioral Health & Recovery Services, and through the voter approved Proposition 63, Mental Health Services Act (MHSA).
- Occupational skills training: A classroom learning environment where basic skills such as kitchen and food safety are taught.
- Situational assessment: Used to determine what an individual’s barrier to employment is.
- Work Adjustment: Barriers to employment are addressed and individuals are given hands-on training, in a real work environment.
- 1 individual received their food handler card
- 2 situational assessments completed
- 3 individuals enrolled into TPCP’s Career Exploration Program.
Phone: (209) 544-1913
Fax: (209) 338-5176
Address: 800 Scenic Drive, Building 4, Modesto, CA 95354