Garden of Eat’n provides initial kitchen training while addressing barriers, fears and expectations about employment. The training program also provides individuals with the necessary life skills to make them successful as employees. The program was created with Stanislaus County Employment services and the Department of Rehabilitation to provide commercial kitchen training to mental health consumers.
There are three components to the program:
- Occupational skills training: A classroom learning environment where basic skills such as kitchen and food safety are taught.
- Situational assessment: Used to determine what are an individuals’ barriers to employment.
- Work Adjustment phase: Barriers to employment are addressed and the individuals are given hands on training, in a real work environment.
- 1 individual received their food handler card
- 2 situational assessments completed
- 3 individuals enrolled into TPCP’s Career Exploration Program.
Phone: (209) 544-1913
Address: 800 Scenic Drive,
Modesto, CA 95353