Free to Choose Harm Reduction services will be provided in a Wellness and Recovery Model for clients with both psychiatric disabilities and substance abuse.
Ideal for clients who can’t or won’t accept abstinence as the only goal, or as a requirement for getting help.
Allows substance abuse to be framed as a behavioral and safety hazard, rather than judged as a moral issue.
Engages clients with Motivational Interviewing, vignettes or client stories of hope.
Group therapy will be divided into sections focusing on education, guidance and intervention in the areas of: harm reduction, stages of change, sober social skills, and community integration.
Three sections will be covered in group therapy over 12 weeks, adding new members every 4th week. Sections may be repeated as needed.
Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) staff, peer counselors and all staff members will focus on: strength-based approaches, emphasizing resilience and recovery.
Client progress will be measured by:
- Addiction Severity Index (ASI)
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)
- Reduced homelessness, hospitalizations and incarcerations
Harm reduction services reach out to people and their families often well before they have decided to change anything about their drug use, in an effort to motivate the user to make healthy, life-promoting, choices. This non-judgmental approach reduces risk for substance abusers as they develop the desire and the skills to help themselves.
For information, contact Igbinosa Amadasun at (530) 758-4078, or email@example.com
- Co-occurring Disorder Assessments
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Step-down peer-facilitated groups
- 68 individual served
- 164 groups held throughout Woodland, Davis, and West Sacramento.
- 97.9% consumers reported not having any emergency room visits.
- 93.8% consumers reported not having any psychiatric hospitalizations.
- 100.0% of Individuals Accrued Zero incarcerations.
- 100.0% of Individuals Accrued Zero homeless days.
Phone: (530) 758-4078
Address: 212 I Street,
Davis, CA 95616