EMPOWERMENT CENTER is a culturally diverse center where behavioral health consumers and their support persons and/or family members can gain peer support and recovery-oriented input from others to reduce isolation, increase the ability to develop independence, and create linkages to mental health and substance abuse treatment services. It is also a safe and friendly environment where they can flourish emotionally, while developing skills toward becoming more independent and empowered in their recovery. Daily access to computers, the Internet, community presentations and informational brochures allow for consumers and their support persons and/or family members to become educated and informed about the resources and access points in their community.
Membership is offered to those who are referred by a Mental Health Service Provider or Community Partner. For more information, call (209) 544-1913. Individuals may also walk in and obtain membership.
This program is funded by the Stanislaus County Department of Behavioral Health & Recovery Services, and through the voter approved Proposition 63, Mental Health Services Act (MHSA).
"Knowing that the work I do plays a part in assisting an individual in achieving their goals, fills me with a sense of gratitude."Adam Ward, Former Assistant Program Director
- Peer support and training of coping skills; modeling of safe and ethical behaviors
- Promotion of self-determination, empowerment, and lifelong learning
- Linkages to housing, employment, and education and other community resources
- Provision of space for all community organizations to reserve for meetings and support groups
- In the 2017-18 Fiscal Year, 878 individuals received services.
- 4,681 participants among 645 events held at the Empowerment Center.
- 85.3% of members utilized the center and successfully learned something new and of use.
- 88.0% of individuals were completely satisfied with their experience.
Phone: (209) 544-1913
Fax: (209) 338-5176
Address: 1001 Needham Street, Modesto, CA 95350
Drop-In Hours: Weekdays, 7:30 AM — 3:00 PM