FREE Infant-Toddler Developmental Screening
Our mission is to promote the healthy development of all children through early screening and linkage to resources.
- Children between 2 months and 5 years of age
- Anyone not already receiving specialized services for their infant or toddler
- Insured or uninsured
- Any income or no income (the screening is completely free)
- Anyone who would like information about their child's development, with or without any specific concerns
What to Expect
- A developmental screening (2 months & up)
- A social-emotional screening (6 months & up)
- Information about ways to support your child's healthy development
- Information about additional services in the community if needed/requested
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is early developmental screening important?
Early developmental screening is important because if there is an area of your child's development that is at-risk, you can learn more about it and respond to it as soon as possible. Evidence shows that responding to developmental issues in children when they are very young (while their brains and bodies are growing rapidly) results in better outcomes than waiting until they are older.
Will the screening cost money?
No. The screening is completely free and will not cost you anything.
How old does my child need to be to qualify for the screening?
To qualify for the screening your child should be between the ages of 2 months and 5 years old.
Can more than one of my children participate in the screening?
Yes, as long as they meet the age requirement.
How long will the screening last?
Approximately 1 hour. However, your appointment may be slightly shorter or longer than this.
Where will the screening take place?Turning Point Children's Services
7245 E. Southgate Drive
Sacramento, CA 95823
From I-99 South and North Freeways:
- Exit Florin Road East
- Straight on Florin Road East
- Right on E. Southgate Drive
- Center is on the left-hand side
When can I come in for a screening?
You can schedule an appointment to come in during our operating hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Available screening times will vary.
Also, look for the Infant Toddler Starting Point Screening Table at Sacramento County Healthy Start School Fairs funded by First 5 Sacramento.
Will a diagnosis be given to my child?
No. The screening's purpose is to measure healthy development. If there are any areas of concern that come up in the screening, we can help with getting referrals, information, and/or resources that may benefit your child and your family.
I have more questions about the screening. Who can I contact?
Diana White, LMFT (916) 427-7141, ext. 2445 firstname.lastname@example.org